Monday, November 25, 2013

1975 Movie Trailer Post


“The Policeman”

Starring Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, and Jodie Foster, Francis Ford Coppola directs the  story of a man determined to do what is right. Coming back from Vietnam, John Doe(played by Robert De Niro) discovers the country he left to fight for in the war has completely changed from what it used to be. Vying for peace and a return to normality, he becomes a policeman through his connections with the military. Though he is no longer a soldier, he still believes that orders need to be followed and rules must be obeyed. However, as the ever-changing country evolves, John changes with it. He finds himself caught in society’s new influence of drugs, sex, counterculture, and revenge. He must solve for himself what is good and what is bad. Paramount Pictures presents “The Policeman” an exploration of morality, justice, and humanity. This film is Rated R for violence, sexuality, drug usage, and explicit language.

I thought that the 70's placed a large emphasis on the changing moral standards of the world, so thats the idea I based my movie on. I saw in The Godfather that Francis Ford Coppola does a great job with charachter development, like he did with Al Pacino in Michael Corleone's charachter. I chose him to direct my movie because I thought this charachter development  would make my movie that much more interesting to watch. In addition, The Godfather, as well as other 70s movies, showed a main charachter that was not outwardly good. This "antihero" aspect was another thing I wanted to include in my movie, and I couldnt think of a better way to show it than with a crooked cop. Obviously I have included popular social changes and events in the 70s, which are all accurate to that time period. My genre is definitely more of a drama than anything else, which I think would be succesful as people were looking for more grown up movies at that time. Lastly, instead of trying to get the wholesome, family-oriented viewers, I wanted to include copious amounts of violence, sex and the like, because thats what I think people really wanted to see. While ill admit my movie isnt the most innovative or origional story, it would be extremely fitting for a 1975 movie.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job here, Grant. You're right, I think this movie makes a lot of sense for a film in 1975. Good job, just a little more explanation and details.

    ReplyDelete